Wednesday 7 March 2012

Chocolate Making Workshop!

This weekend was a busy one. =) On Saturday I drove down to Peebles with a friend from work to try out a new chocolate workshop we received an invite too. It was an early start but worth the effort.

We headed down there around 8.30am an the drive was lovely...we arrived there around 10am - just in time for it starting.

It all started with am introduction to how chocolate is made before we then learnt about the different kinds available...along with a taste test of course! We then learned about "tempering chocolate" for making your own chocolates at home! I will share recipes later but my top tip I learned was that chocolate should always be melted in a plastic bowl in the microwave!


Dipping Chocolates
Truffle time!


Check out the website for pastry and chocolate making classes....http://www.cocoablack.com


My Chocolates

No comments:

Post a Comment